Saturday, September 28, 2013

Scrappy Saturday: Paper

 Normally for "Scrappy Saturday" I post something crafty--something I've created--but this morning I woke up with a poem forming in my mind about a necessary element in many of my crafted pieces. Since my son left my glue gun at school and I'm out of adhesive for scrapbooking, I decided this "ode to paper," if you will, would be an appropriate avenue for today's blog.

Paper















Thin, wrinkled, tucked away
Holding secrets, ideas, sentiments
Origin of maps, pictures, origami
Patterned, textured, illustrated
Source of inspiration, elation
Fundamental school supply
Cuttable, foldable, able to fly

Smooth, crumpled, commandable
Scripting history, plays, letters
Bedrock of novels, dictionaries, news
Pigmented, styled, painted


Connection to parentage, heritage
Elemental architect armature
Impressionable, moldable, sure








No comments: