Saturday, September 21, 2013

Scrappy Saturday: Twenty-one-year-old Memories


The picture above shows my first installment of organized photos/memories in my recently-made (and blogged about) "My Special Memories" book. This is by no means my only scrapbook in which to document memories of my kids, but I am using my extra, unsorted photos. Last night I began by sorting my pictures (which filled a large basket) into categories.

I decided to begin with pictures of my firstborn, Kristiana, from when she first entered the world and shortly thereafter. Picture one shows me before she was born, with both my folks and Byron's mom, then pictures of us with our newborn in the hospital.There is a small drawing of a baby bed and a girl, done by a student who was in my class during my Master's program student teaching. I was pregnant during my internship, so I taught the kids a bit about fetal development and asked them to make predictions about the gender of the baby.

Picture two shows some of her early visitors, including grandparents, a picture of her when she was two days old--taken in the hospital, and some more student drawings of the baby--from those who predicted "girl."

Picture three shows Kristiana at her two-week check-up with Dr. Norman Castillo, another student drawing, some interactions with mom and dad after coming home. The bottom two photos show me giving Kristiana her first rice cereal at age three months.

Picture four chronicles Kristiana's introduction to her great-grandparents and some playtime photos. She LOVED to play...and still does.

I will be adding more to the book and including pictures of each of my kids. A fun outlet for me and a way to keep special memories fresh and appreciated.

1 comment:

PhotogeniqueDuo said...

I very much appreciate this! So glad I still love to play and haven't lost my fervor for life...AND ricey items! ;)