Saturday, September 14, 2013

Scrappy Saturday: Preserving Thoughts and Memories


Recently (a few days ago at the time of this post) I had some leftover denim pockets from a pair of old jeans and eight random puffballs. I thought 'what could I make?', and after thinking for a bit an idea popped (as ideas often do) into my head. I remembered having these blank "books" with nothing on their covers--the perfect opportunity to be creative.

Using various scraps and magazine words, I began to create. I cut the puffballs in half and decided they could form two flowers, one for each little book. I had decided that they would be employed for different purposes.

One booklet would be used in which to record my "mom thoughts," those things that come to mind that either I want to tell my kids, I think about my kids, I see in my kids, or even experience with my kids. The other would be more of a scrapbook in which to place random photos (of which I have a lot) and record, in captions, the memories associated with them.

Satisfaction. I had taken some "trash" and turned it into treasure. I added some glitter glue swirls and buttons on my flowers for good measure. A fine finished product. The pockets could even be used, I realized, for memorabilia--items associated with thoughts or memories that are deemed important to keep.

I'm intentionally looking for ways to chronicle the events that take place around me--there is so much worth remembering and writing down. I hope you are inspired to do likewise.

No comments: