Monday, July 22, 2024

Over the Moon

 

I’m over the moon with my vacuum

It’s a heavenly household machine

It practically does the work for you

It’s amazing and super keen

 

I’m over the moon for my English prof

He hasn’t the faintest hunch

He just knows I like extra credit

And visiting him during lunch

 

I’m over the moon about brownies

I just found a new recipe

There’s caramel filling and frosting

They’re so rich and so chocolatey

 

“I’m over the moon,” said the cow

As she leapt in a mood so sublime

Not sure just where she landed

(Never said in the nursery rhyme)

 

I’m over the moon and lovestruck,

My cheeks are all a-flush

I’m completely twitterpated

Young love is such a rush

 

I’m over the moon as a mother

Each one of my kids is a gem

They can sometimes be a handful,

But I can’t fathom life without them

 

© 2024 Teresa Miles Kephart

No comments: