Monday, April 18, 2016

April Apperceptions: Color of Joy

My favorite color hasn't always been the same. When I was little, I fancied pink and blue (like my mom). As a teen, I began to like all shades of purple. Then I switched to pink, which was featured prominently in my wedding in 1987. In my early married days, I decided I liked hunter green--and even had a coffee pot that color. Years later, I still loved that color--and even began embracing other shades of green. Then came my fascination with dark cranberry red.

When I began to notice the vintage craze of the early 2000's, I decided that turquoise was my absolute favorite color--and different shades of it too. It went really well with the shabby chic look--and it made me feel happy inside. I'm sure there's a deeper psychological explanation, but that's the simple truth--turquoise brings me joy. There's just something about it that flips a happy switch in my brain; I find myself drawn to turquoise things. Granted, it may not always be my favorite color--but for the phase of life I'm currently in, it's a superb means of peppering my life with little bits of joy.
 

No comments: