Sunday, April 10, 2016

April Apperceptions: Fruit Exclusions

I never met a fruit I didn't  like--but there are a couple I'm not particularly fond of.

Number one: I don't think it's the color--it's more the texture. It tends to be squishy--and the flavor just isn't dramatic enough for me to love it. It's okay in a fruit salad, but alone...it's just not one I'd choose to eat. I think the texture--and the accompanying moistness--reminds me a little of a slug. Therefore, kiwifruit is one of my two least favorite fruits.


Number two: There's a second undesirable fruit. It doesn't have that satisfying "chomping into the flesh" aspect that many fruits have. Instead, one bites these weird seeds--and that's supposed to be the amazing feature. I just don't get it. Eating this fruit is, for one, not particularly satisfying--because it's not super sweet. But furthermore, there's something about the slippery feeling of the seeds and their blood-like excretions that make me feel like a vampire when eating it. It's a rather macabre fruit in my opinion--the pomegranate.


No comments: