Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Apperceptions: Seven Years From Now



I always have hated those interview questions--'Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years?' Five seems too short a time to really project a lot of changes...but ten seems too long. So, let's just split the difference and say seven years.

In seven years, I really have no idea where I'll be geographically...but there are some things I hope to have accomplished or be doing. This is how I see it:


  • I will have published two books.
  • I'll be a grandma, with maybe a couple darling grandkids.
  • I'll be teaching somewhere part-time.
  • I'll be speaking at various women's events and reading to groups of children at schools.
  • I will no longer be heading up the clothing ministry at Life Essentials--and I'll have enough money that I won't be getting most of my clothes from there either.
  • I'll be living in a different house, and I'll have a writing nook of some kind.
  • I'll be part of a worship team.
  • My marriage will be thriving in such a way that I'll be mentoring others.
  • And I may even be pursuing another education-related degree.
  • I'll be going out to dinner at least once a week. 
  • I'll have a deck and a hot tub.
  • And perhaps by the time my third book is published...I'll finally have my Hummer.

No comments: