Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April Apperceptions: Gray Day



I often wear things that match my mood or that I feel will perk me up somehow.

This morning I felt on the 'blah' side. I wasn't feeling attractive enough to wear anything "cute." Nor did I have the energy to really think it through. So...I went for the old standby pants. They appear tweed-like, though they're just stretchy, comfy material with an elastic waistband to boot--sporting a tiny chevron pattern that is almost unnoticeable.

Only certain tops match this particular pair of pants. I was feeling a bit cold, so I chose my long-sleeved, "fancy," gray t-shirt. It has a sparkly picture of a butterfly on it.

Normally, I would've put on earrings...but I forgot. I did, however, remember to put on socks that matched the sparkly part of my shirt--kind of a turquoise color. And I wore the black casual flats I've been wearing most often of late.

I threw on my denim jacket before heading out the door, as the heater in my car hasn't been working--and remember, I already was feeling cold.

So...it wasn't my most dynamic outfit, but it was comfortable and functional--a winning choice for a worn-out-a-bit Wednesday. Case in point--my kindergartners got an extra-long recess today.

No comments: